Installing a WordPress theme is easy. There are three ways to install a theme. Are you installing a free theme from wordpress.org, or a premium one from this store?
The installation procedure can be a bit different for the free themes as they can be directly downloaded from the WordPress admin panel, without having to upload a zip file.
If you prefer to upload the free theme’s zip file instead, that works too.
Installing a free theme
In your admin panel, go to Appearance -> Themes and click the “Add New” button.
Type in the theme name in the search form and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
Click on the “Activate” button to use your new theme right away.
Navigate to Appearance > Customize in your admin panel and customize to taste.
Installing a premium theme
- Download the theme zip file from your account page on fr0zen store.
- In your admin panel, go to Appearance -> Themes and click the “Add New” button.
- Click the “Upload” button.
- Select the themename.zip file
- Click “Install Now”
Manual FTP upload
- Unzip your themename.zip file
- Start your FTP software, like FileZilla, and connect to your web server. (If you don’t know how to do this, please contact your web hosting provider.)
- Navigate to your WordPress installation. Open the wp-content folder and then the themes folder.
- Now upload your themename file folder (from step 1) in your themes folder. Your folder structure should look like this: /wp-content/themes/themename/.
- Activate your theme in the WordPress admin panel Appearance > Themes tab.